Nope, changed my mind! | Home
Who Am I?
Who am I? 24601! - Jean Valjean, Les Miserables.
What do I want you to know about me? Well, I have strong opinions, weakly held. But there are some opinions that I hold strongly.
My Strongly Held Opinions
- All life is important. From the smallest plant, to animals, to humans.
- Humans matter. From the best to the worst - humans are important simply because they are humans. We may not have to agree with other humans, but they deserve our respect, at least because they are humans.
- Actions > words > beliefs > thoughts
My Strong Opinions, Weakly Held
- Citizens v. United is the worst legal decision ever.
- Tech can improve life, but we've horked it up.
- UBI is very good.
- Hunger, starvation, and homelessness means we are failing as humans.
- Copyright, especially modern copyright, is evil.
- Google is Evil.
- Microsoft is more evil than Satan.
- Google rewarding content marketing was one of the most harmful things to hit the Internet.
Other things you might like to know:
- I like programming. Python is my favorite programming language.
- I'm a husband and father.
- I want to take back life from social
- I like knives (especially throwing them) and things that go boom.
- I made a bullwhip from nylon rope. Whips are also very cool.
- I like video games, and am a huge fan of the Zelda games and Nintendo in general.
- I am a maker. Wood working, welding, soldering, and anything else I can get my hand on, I will do.
- I use vim because modal editing fits my brain. I've tried emacs, Sublime, VSCode, Visual Studio, Notepad++, Atom, Brackets, Lighttable, nano, ed, and others. My #2 choice is ed.
- I love the command line.
- No, really. If I could get my work email on the CLI I could stop GUIs.
- Physical buttons are way better than touchscreens.
- I like putting together puzzles.
- I like writing and journaling.
- I like cooking and eating food.
- I like board games.
- Except Risk. Ugh. That game takes for-ev-errrrrrrrrr.
- We probably have more in common than we don't.
- I love acting but it takes so much effort to put on a play.
These things make me (ir)rationally angry.
- Atlassian products, especially Jira.