Nope, changed my mind! | Home
Who Am I?
Who am I? 24601! - Jean Valjean, Les Miserables.
What do I want you to know about me? Well, I have strong opinions, weakly held. But there are some opinions that I hold strongly.
If you want to send me something securely, encrypt it using PGP. My pub key is 0xE309FD8273BD8465. If you don't want to bother with manually using PGP, yes, I'm also on keybase.
My Strongly Held Opinions
- All life is important. From the smallest plant, to animals, to humans.
- Humans matter. From the best to the worst - humans are important simply because they are humans. We may not have to agree with other humans, but they deserve our respect, at least because they are humans.
- Actions > words > beliefs > thoughts
My Strong Opinions, Weakly Held
- Citizens v. United is the worst legal decision ever.
- Tech can improve life, but we've horked it up.
- UBI is very good.
- Hunger, starvation, and homelessness means we are failing as humans.
- Copyright, especially modern copyright, is evil.
- Google is Evil.
- Microsoft is more evil than Satan.
- Google rewarding content marketing was one of the most harmful things to hit the Internet.
Other things you might like to know:
- I like programming. Python is my favorite programming language.
- I'm a husband and father.
- I want to take back life from social
- I like knives (especially throwing them) and things that go boom.
- I made a bullwhip from nylon rope. Whips are also very cool.
- I like video games, and am a huge fan of the Zelda games and Nintendo in general.
- I am a maker. Wood working, welding, soldering, and anything else I can get my hand on, I will do.
- I use vim because modal editing fits my brain. I've tried emacs, Sublime, VSCode, Visual Studio, Notepad++, Atom, Brackets, Lighttable, nano, ed, and others. My #2 choice is ed.
- I love the command line.
- No, really. If I could get my work email on the CLI I could stop GUIs.
- Physical buttons are way better than touchscreens.
- I like putting together puzzles.
- I like writing and journaling.
- I like cooking and eating food.
- I like board games.
- Except Risk. Ugh. That game takes for-ev-errrrrrrrrr.
- We probably have more in common than we don't.
- I love acting but it takes so much effort to put on a play.
These things make me (ir)rationally angry.
- Atlassian products, especially Jira.
I'm srilyk on Twitch, Ketmorco on fosstodon.org, @waynew on GitHub and waynew Keybase. You might also find me as waynew on libera.chat.